Flickr Images

Falling and falling and...

Sunday, July 3, 2016

People always assume that we can only fall in love once, that we spend our lives searching for "the one"... But I believe that to be wrong. Love... Love is crazy, complicated, an unexplainable thing.

People think that they are "lucky" to have found their "soul mate"; to be with someone and just stupidly know that it will all last forever. It's okay to think like that. But on my point of view, I see it as an illusion, maybe because I never really fell in love by someone or maybe because I know that people (sometimes) confuse certain feelings for love (this doesn't mean that I've never loved anyone).

People think that not caring will make someone comeback, that make someone jealous, that making it seem like they have forgotten who you are, will get you to comeback wanting them (human logic). In truth, it makes people give up on hoping that, for a moment, things could have worked in the future because when you should be the best version of you, you are being your worst.

I always wanted to believe in love but I don't think I never knew how. When I was younger (because I'm super old now) I romanticized the idea of one person being out there for everybody, so everyone at some point in their life would find love, would find their "true love", their "soul mate"; but all we had to do was to find them. But I've learned that there are million people out there that we'll fall in love with.

We fall in love too easily (sometimes), but it doesn't stop us from falling and it doesn't stop us from loving passionately. We give our hearts to the wrong people and that's the reason why it's called 'falling' instead of 'jumping' because love isn't something you can control, it happens as naturally as breathing.

I'm the type that when things get serious I am the first to run away because through the years I allowed myself to be afraid of feelings, be afraid of love. The reason why it happened is something that I'm still trying to figure out, but I can guess that is because I know that while you are falling everything is okay and you feel like you are living your own fairly tail but once you hit the ground... you break, and I don't want to break.

Although, we must trust that when (and if) we find the right person, on the way down, we won't be falling and break, this time we will fly.

Post a Comment